Celebrating Our 2020 Highlights
As we reach the end of 2020 we would like to reflect on a year that has definitely been unusual, to say the least. Despite the difficulties faced by the global pandemic and the concern over Covid-19, at Diamond Controls we have been able to continue to deliver a comprehensive service, including the specification, installation, and maintenance of Leak Detection and Trace Heating systems throughout 2020.
Here are just some of our monthly highlights.
1. In January we visited a renowned national financial business on a Leak Detection service visit and our engineers had a shocking discovery. They found this trace heating system that looked like it had gone down with the Titanic. Trace heating is low maintenance but still needs to be regularly checked which was, of course, the recommendation we made to the client on the discovery of this.
2. February 2020…before lockdown and the craziness that has happened this year! We had a really fun day in the office with a photographer, preparing shots for the website. This was by far the most amusing image and brought a smile to everyone’s face. So this was definitely a highlight of ours! 😀🤣 Alfie and Cyril giving kisses to their Dad, Iain!
3. March’s highlight brings us to the launch of our new website. We put together a brand-new site with more plans in the future to demonstrate our customer focus and expertise in Leak Detection Systems and Trace Heating products.
4. Our 4th memory highlight for this year, April 2020, is all about recognising the dedication and tenacity of our team during this turbulent time. Like many businesses, we worked hard to maintain the smooth running of our operations during the lockdown, and established a covid secure environment, adhering to strict construction industry health and safety guidelines. The team was instrumental in this so that we could continue to exceed client expectations. 👏 🙏 👊 Meet our team.
5. Number 5 of our 12 highlights of 2020 features May and our support of Water Saving Week. This is an issue very close to our hearts as we have seen first-hand how effective our leak detection systems can be. Research has shown that a leak of just 1m3 of water an hour could cost your business: £73 a day, £516 a week! We put together a few handy tips on how businesses can improve their water efficiency.
6. June’s highlight was a new product. We’re always looking out for suitable additions to our range and this one was just perfect, especially with many business premises unoccupied during the lockdown. In June we gave it a full series of tests and a thorough review to ensure it would be up to the job and it passed with flying colours. Welcome to our Leak Detection accessories range, the Diamond Controls Speech Dialler. It offers remote 24/7 monitoring with automatic SMS and email alerts for any alarm triggers of your leak detection system. Take a look at all the benefits of the Speech Dialler.
7. Our highlight for July was an easy choice as it brought a big smile to all of our engineer’s faces. New van graphics for our fleet!
Here are Richard and Joe, standing proudly with their new van livery.
8. Normally, August would be a relatively quiet month but, with many workplaces returning to normal and holidays not as prevalent, this year we were definitely working at full speed! We’re continually looking to improve and this month’s highlight is some new additions we made to our website. We added some of our more common products to our Leak Detection, Gas Detection, Trace Heating, and Servicing & Maintenance pages to help our clients understand more about the wide range of choices available from us and our strong emphasis on product quality.
9. September is the 9th highlight of 2020 and in this month we had a big first for us, launching brand-new servicing and maintenance packages for Leak Detection Systems. It’s something that often gets forgotten about but so essential to keeping a system in tip-top condition so it can detect even the smallest of leaks. We listened to our clients and put together two really great packages that include a promotional first-year rate, service visit, fault-finding visits, and preferential rates on materials. What’s more, we have added in our Speech Dialler to Diamond packages free of charge until the end of January. Find out more about the servicing and maintenance offer
10. As we reach the 10th month and October we are particularly proud of this highlight. Last year we achieved not one, but two ISO accreditations! So when it came around to renewal time again in October we were delighted to have passed the mark again to achieve this high standard. We’ve invested a lot of time and resource into our systems and processes to become one of the leaders in our industry and this is just two reasons why.
11. For our November highlight, we didn’t have to look very far as they have brightened our days in the office! Our new fish bring a sense of calm and tranquillity to our busy office. 🐟🐟🐡🐡🐠🐠
12. Despite all of the challenges 2020 has brought, as a business we are really proud of what we have achieved this year. It’s been a real team effort. From the engineers out at client sites working safely in a covid-secure environment to our project managers, estimators, technical and support team back at HQ, keeping the business operations running smoothly. One thing that has kept us going throughout the year has been all the positive feedback from our clients. So, it felt fitting that our customers are the highlight of December 2020!
So, that concludes our look back at what has happened in 2020. After a short Christmas break we will return refreshed and ready to push forward in 2021.
We have got some really exciting developments planned for 2021 so please follow our LinkedIn page for the latest updates.