Top tips for protecting your vacant property
In these unprecedented times, there are important considerations to be made when your building is left unoccupied for any period of time.
System failures can not only cause costly damage and disruption, they can also be a safety concern. You may also find that you’re not covered in the event of a claim.
As leak detection system specialists, we offer servicing to make sure your system is fully functioning. By strictly adhering to the latest Site Operating Procedures our skeleton team of engineers can ensure your system is fit for purpose and provides that vital early warning sign for any potentially damaging liquid leaks.
Other maintenance tips for when your building is vacant include;
- Make sure all emergency lighting, fire protection and alarm systems are operational and maintained
- Keep up with statutory checks and routine inspections such as F-Gas checks
- Notify your insurers if a property is temporarily vacant
- Prevent stagnation of closed water services for heating and cooling systems with regular operation and maintenance checks
- Ensure cooling towers receive specialist attention and full cleaning before being put back in service
- Flush all domestic water outlets regularly, at least monthly, and prepare for full system chlorination before reoccupation
- Review and update where necessary the water services legionella risk assessment
- Maintain normal facilities for service and security personnel
- Deep clean catering and other potentially harmful areas before reoccupation
We’re able to help maintain your leak detection equipment, even if we did not install your system. Our experienced engineers are on hand to provide technical support and advice, fault finding, maintenance and calibration to ensure that your system is operating correctly. Please contact us to discuss your requirements further.